Banner 728x90

Σάββατο 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2015

The amazing story of Jerry Christensen

By Jerry Christensen
from Rock Springs Wyoming

My story begins at age 15, but I didn’t realize that was the beginning until I was 24. As a Freshman in college (age 20 in 2003) I decided I wanted to go to Australia, and the next day I purchased a passport without any idea of when or why I would go. I just wanted to go, and I knew it would be a shame if the opportunity arose and I was not prepared.

Two years later, as a Junior in college, I went to a university and they told me that it would cost about $11,000 extra to study abroad for one semester. I did not care, I wanted to go to Australia that year and I certainly would not allow money to stop me from going. Things didnt work out, but instead I had planned to return home from Uni for the summer break and work all summer to make enough to go during the next term. Before I went home I took a 4 day vacation to Florida to meet a girl I had met online but not yet in person.

On that vacation I was offered a job helping people with brain injuries. At that point in my life that was what I thought to be my purpose for living, so it was a struggle. I was torn between listening to the suggestions of my parents to go back home and making enough so I could live my dream of traveling to Australia, or staying in Florida where I knew NO ONE so I could help others with brain injuries.

My decision was final. I had to help others. I was in the right place and they just happened to be training new employees two days later. I actually thought I would be slapping God in the face if I didnt take the job. Now that we know The Secret, it is no surprise that things worked out for me. A family I had never met prior to that day took me in until I was able to find a place to live and get on my feet in the new environment.

The day after I accepted the job I noticed that my Uni in Colorado and a Uni in Tampa were both part of an exchange program, so I made a call to Colorado to ask if I could join the program and they said No - the deadline had past 3 months prior and I must return to CO to finish my final year of studies. Not wanting to accept the answer I contacted the Uni in Tampa. They told me that it was against the rules but they would bend them because I had the job and it would be much easier just to stay in Florida. So the summer progressed and I excelled at the job. I earned the only promotion that was available in just 2 weeks when the protocol was 6 months. Our city was hit by a category 4 hurricane (150 mph sustained winds) but not surprisingly nothing of mine was damaged and I worked many hours to help out. The hours I was not working for my job I helped out with the American Red Cross.

I stared school in Tampa as planned for just the fee of In-State Colorado tuition as per the exchange program, and absolutely loved the Uni there. I was granted the opportunity to study at the Ph.D. level even though I was still without even a Bachelors degree. So I was on my way. The path to my becoming a Clinical Neuropsychologist was evident. I was on track to help people with brain injuries in a clinical setting even though some well respected doctors had told my parents in 1998 that there was no way I could ever even attend college. The only unfortunate situation was that I must still move back to CO to finish my studies.

A few weeks into the term in Tampa I gave Colorado a call and told them my situation and they said, Well, weve never waived the graduation requirements but we will adjust them in your situation and you may finish studies in Tampa with no need to return to CO. So I was now authorized to continue the path I was on.

The very next day I saw a flier that was promoting the Study abroad program, so I asked if I could, simultaneously, be on exchange from CO to FL and from FL to AUS and they said that It had never been done before nor was it really permissible but you may do it in this circumstance.

So there we go, I was now able to go to Australia for one semester without paying anymore than In-State Colorado tuition but before I left I arranged to meet my best friend in the entire world, my father, in New Orleans for Mardi Gras! We had a blast, and there are so many stories that also arose in Australia. I had the time of my life. I am eternally grateful for my life to be as it is. The people in Australia are the friendliest ever, and this story is long enough as it is, but I will write novels about my life when the timing is right. For now I must conclude by stating that 2 years after my return from UTAS I moved back to my home town. Upon my return my brother showed me an old journal that I had written when I was 15. I wrote If I could go anywhere right now, I would go to Australia

Amazing story? I think so, but if we all lived by The Secret we would expect it just as we expect things to fall when they are dropped. Thanks for reading!

About Jerry Christensen from Rock Springs Wyoming:
I have always been happy from as far back as anyone can remember. Although we all go through tough times in life, it is rare to find me without a grateful smile. Now that I have been introduced to The Secret I have been happier than any other day in my life.

Power of Mind

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου